The Home that Love Built
Call 563-933-6037, today to schedule your tour and enjoy a delicious complimentary lunch
Pebler Point Care Center, formerly known as the Strawberry Point Nursing Home, is a non profit nursing facility licensed by the State of Iowa which has been serving the Strawberry Point community and surrounding areas since 1940. All residents receive the same high level of quality care, regardless of pay status. Our facility is approved by Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance programs.
We believe in providing care to address the needs of the whole individual. Our therapy department and nursing staff work together to achieve and maintain each individual’s highest level of functioning in a productive and fulfilling environment. Our Life Events department attends to the individual interest of the residents, as well as to striving to meet the social needs of each resident.
Spirituality: We understand the importance spirituality and religion play in the lives of many of the residents whom reside at the Strawberry Point Lutheran Home. For that reason, our campus pastor is available for all residents and their families, regardless of religious denomination. Weekly, local churches in the community also conduct on-campus church services.
- We encourage the participation of residents’ family and friends in the caring process by providing opportunities for them to support their loved ones in the facility.
- We invite family and friends to participate in activities, attend church services and eat meal with their loved one in our dining room.
- Our active Resident Advocate Committee is also available for additional support for resident and their families.
- We have private rooms available for residents and their families to use for special occasions. Limited catering services are available.
- Two apartments, in the adjoining Gernand Retirement Village, for daily rent to family members while visiting their loved ones at Pebler Point.
Transportation: People who reside at the Strawberry Point Lutheran Home Community continue to be participating members of the community. Therefore, we have transportation vans to transport residents and help them stay involved with community events and activities.
Hospice: Pebler Point Care Center works closely with the local hospice care provider to make hospice care available to residents and their families who are in need of such services.
- 24 hour nursing care & skilled care
- Personal choice of physician, pharmacy and dentist
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy and restorative nursing
- Specialized activities individualized for resident preferences
- Provision of nutritional meals & therapeutic diets under the direction of a Registered Dietitian
- Local Dentist
- Respite care available hourly or daily
- In house beauty shop