The Home that Love Built
Call 563-933-6037, today to schedule your tour and enjoy a delicious complimentary lunch
Pebler Point Care Center, formerly known as the Strawberry Point Nursing Home, is a non profit nursing facility licensed by the State of Iowa which has been serving the Strawberry Point community and surrounding areas since 1940. All residents receive the same high level of quality care, regardless of pay status. Our facility is approved by Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance programs.
We believe in providing care to address the needs of the whole individual. Our therapy department and nursing staff work together to achieve and maintain each individual’s highest level of functioning in a productive and fulfilling environment. Our Life Events department attends to the individual interest of the residents, as well as to striving to meet the social needs of each resident.
Spirituality: We understand the importance spirituality and religion play in the lives of many of the residents whom reside at the Strawberry Point Lutheran Home. For that reason, our campus pastor is available for all residents and their families, regardless of religious denomination. Weekly, local churches in the community also conduct on-campus church services.
- We encourage the participation of residents’ family and friends in the caring process by providing opportunities for them to support their loved ones in the facility.
- We invite family and friends to participate in activities, attend church services and eat meal with their loved one in our dining room.
- Our active Resident Advocate Committee is also available for additional support for resident and their families.
- We have private rooms available for residents and their families to use for special occasions. Limited catering services are available.
- Two apartments, in the adjoining Gernand Retirement Village, for daily rent to family members while visiting their loved ones at Pebler Point.
Transportation: People who reside at the Strawberry Point Lutheran Home Community continue to be participating members of the community. Therefore, we have transportation vans to transport residents and help them stay involved with community events and activities.
Hospice: Pebler Point Care Center works closely with the local hospice care provider to make hospice care available to residents and their families who are in need of such services.
- 24 hour nursing care & skilled care
- Personal choice of physician, pharmacy and dentist
- Occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy and restorative nursing
- Specialized activities individualized for resident preferences
- Provision of nutritional meals & therapeutic diets under the direction of a Registered Dietitian
- Local Dentist
- Respite care available hourly or daily
- In house beauty shop
Pebler Point Care Center provides skilled and long term nursing care and is part of a continuum of care on the campus of the Strawberry Point Lutheran Home Community.
Cost is based on the resident’s level of care. Level of care is based on the professional assessments of the care plan team. This is done within the first 14 days of admission and quarterly thereafter unless there is a significant change in the resident’s condition. Prices reflect either a semi-private or private room at a low, medium, or high level of care.
Low Level Medium Level High Level
Semi-Private $185 $200 $210
Private $195 $210 $220
(Private pay skilled is available at $305/day)
The price is a per day charge and includes restorative care, incontinence care and products, medication administration and management, soap, shampoo, oral care and products, mobility assistance, meals, snacks, laundry services, care planning and other cares and amenities.
Strawberry Point Lutheran Home Community Campus Amenities: Free local transportation, onsite beauty/barber, pastoral care, chapel, on-site church service, community rooms, library, scheduled activities, guest rooms, guest meal, and convenient parking.